Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 2 months ago

Are you less likely to tip ?

If you use Uber or Lyft and the driver has a sign hanging. Tips are not mandatory but greatly appreciated.  Might be just me but feel like they are begging for the tip.

• Erik

If you're going to take the ride, you should tip regardless.  It would be interesting to know if he got more tips with the sign.  Because it might influence a few people to tip, but some others might use it as an excuse to NOT tip.  Since a lot of cheap people are like that.  Thinking "that's rude", plus now they get to keep the money in their pocket.

I don't believe in tipping.

It would make me think "fcul you". I KNOW tips are not mandatory.

No, I will tip either way. I drove for Uber & Lyft for a few months and they barely make any money if they don't get tips. After gas and vehicle wear, I was lucky to make $4 an hour. On my best day I maybe averaged $7 per hour. 

Fortunately, I didn't really need the money. A lot of driver's do this to make a living. 

• Erik

then why did you do it?