Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysValentine's Day · 2 months ago

My boyfriend got me nothing for Valentine’s Day ?

I got my boyfriend of 1yr all his Valentine’s Day gifts a month in advance and gave them to him shortly after, cause I was just so excited.. I went al out with candies and snacks.. he got me nothing. We discussed how I wanted to go out for Valentine’s Day and he was completely on board till a couple days ago.. he said he wants to save the rest of his money to buy a car.. he can do that next time he gets payed.. this is a Holliday.. this is something I already bought and gave him gifts for... he’s acting like I’m selfish, ungrateful, and saying that nothing he does will ever be good enough for me. My standards are not high, but I expect to celebrate the one day of the year where you’re shown exactly how loved and appreciated you are.. getting nothing feels like you mean nothing to them.

Usually I would say you over reacted but no he is being a scrooge and not a nice one.Talk it out you may not be going in the same direction.

You didn't ask a question.

Dump him. Men are trash.

Your bf is smart.  If he keeps using the excuse that he can do it next time he gets paid he'll be a glutton who will never be able to do it.  He's goal-oriented and knows what the real priorities are which means more than any stinkin' holiday that encourages rabid consumerism.  

It's one day of the year, every year.  It will take place next year too.  Are you also one of those people who will blow $200,000 on your wedding to experience instant gratification for ONE DAY of your life?!?  Not smart.  

Fall in love with each other's company, not each other's material things.  Learn to appreciate it and be less shallow.

Just because he's you're boyfriend doesn't mean he needs to get you anything.

Ity would seem that he does not love and appreciate you.

yeah--he's a taker, not a giver---wish him into the cornfield!! and if he shows up tomorrow all apologies?  still kick his butt to the curb--cuz he did that for half price candy and flowers...

It’s not a holiday. If it were, then why am I at work. 

Watch married with children. I think it was the first Valentine’s day episode. Peg told Al that she wants nothing for valentine except for him to say I love you. 

Does he have to buy you gifts to show his love. 

It's a made up holiday designed to empty a man's wallet.

• THBBFT!

Then that should be done everyday with a simple "I love you and appreciate you." Like I said and I'll add to it, it's a gynocentric holiday designed to empty a man's wallet. That's all it is. There's no reason to wait for one day of the year to let someone know you love them and appreciate them.

That's unfortunate. You can cheat on him as a payback.