Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsDrawing & Illustration · 2 months ago

If having artistic talents is such an invaluable gift, why is it that most people aren't so enthusiastic about having a career in that field?

Most people tend to aspire to be models, actors, singers, musicians, dancers, entertainers, etc. I don't know of many people aspiring to be video game artist/illustrators/animators.

There's ALOT of internationally televised reality TV singing, modeling, dancing, etc. competitions. Do you hear of any internationally televised reality TV shows featuring aspiring artists/illustrators/animators? I haven't.

Stuff like singing & dancing has tv competitions because those things are performances. Theyre entertainment by themselves. Therefore perfect for tv. Drawing or animating on the other hand is a long “behind the scenes” grueling process, -you cant go onstage to sit at a desk & animate for an audience-, therefore ill suited for tv

• LP7

Artists illustrator, animators are working behind the scenes designing, painting,crafting through their hands and via technology.Checkout the credit s after a film on the amount of people employed in the arts.Same with body movement.All ruled by the planet Venus in Taurus.Beauty of nature. 

Are you really saying that singing, dancing and modelling are not artistic or do not require talent?

"Most people tend to aspire…" And which of these do you want to be darling?

"any internationally televised reality TV shows featuring aspiring artists/illustrators/animators"

You won't have heard of Sky Portrait Artist of the Year or Landscape Artist of the Year, or The Big Painting Challenge or Life Drawing Live from the BBC then.

But let's be honest painters and illustrators aren't in it for TV coverage of them working, they would rather see their work being experienced by large audiences.

That's because you are not submerged in that field, so don't get to hear what others think. If you were, you'd hear from those who do find their interests fantastic. models, actors, singers, musicians, dancers, entertainers are media based careers, so of course you are going to hear more from them than what is going on behind the scenes that makes things happen.

People and their passions are not always loudly spoken about but they of course are in large numbers and they do well.

Because drawing takes a long time and isn't overwhelmingly fun, or enjoyable as a task. The majority of the stuff that you get asked to draw or you draw aren't things out feel like drawing Backgrounds, different styles, fruits, cars, etc..

I mean, I really want to be a video game artist/illustrators/animators. Any of those options would make me so happy to do. 

I think people aren't that enthusiastic about it though because its really hard to get into sort of career, you need to have a really good portfolio to even get noticed.

And if you cant get a normal job, the next best thing is to move to the internet for it and do commissions or Youtube etc. But even then its really hard to get recognition or people actually paying you to draw stuff. 

As for "reality TV shows" I feel like people don't really care about the artist behind the art, like if you go see an animated movie or play a game, there wont be a lot of people who watch the credits for all the people who worked on it and be like, "Damn, what cool amazing people, I'm going to go follow them and love them on social media!" Also like, a lot of artists probably wouldn't do that well on television, either they are too introverted, or the pressure is too much to do anything in front of an audience.

I don't know, its sad, I'd love more stuff that put artists in the same spotlight as celebrities, but I don't think it would happen with how majority of people treat artists.

There are easier ways of making money than being a commerical artist. Although good ones can usually be guaranteed a steady flow of work, for most people it takes longer to line up the job than it does to do the commission, often against stiff competition.