Should you leave price tags on gifts so the person receiving it can see how much you paid? (I personally don't agree with this).?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • Lisa M
    Lv 4
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Leaving the tag on is the tackiest thing you can do. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

No, I will give a "gift receipt" in the event they wish to return the gift or exchange it. I DO LEAVE THE TAGS, but not the price tag.

• 2 months ago

Absolutely not. If they really want to know what the product goes for, they’ll find out. It’s also all right to include a gift receipt. That won’t show the price, but they will learn the price if they return the gift.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That's a big NO NO. In fact most vendors will supply you with a gift receipt that makes it possible to return the item but doesn't list the price (because that would be considered crass).

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i wouldnt leave it on, it gives them a chance to return it to the store too that way

• 2 months ago

While this happens accidentally on occasion.  Anyone who does so on purpose is just showing their lack of class.

• 2 months ago

Generally, not the standard practice when giving a gift but only you can know why you want the recipient to know the value of the gift.  What is the intention?

• Lisa M
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

To let them know how much of her moola she spent on the person. 

• 2 months ago

No that's in very poor taste,if they want to exchange it they can be given a gift receipt.

• 2 months ago

No way. Thanks tacky.

Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, that's asking for trouble.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.