Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsWeather · 2 months ago

have you had the first snow of the year?

it's hammering it down in the midlands.

Yes, we have. We had snow on January 11th and more than 4 inches on February 5. I haven't seen that much snow since mid February 1998 when we had 9 and half inches. We may be getting more snow tomorrow or Wednesday, but that forecast I'd over 4 hours old.

wrong forum.  belongs in polls & surveys

• GTB

Way back on 10 November

• A.J.

I live in Las Vegas,USA now, and moved here for essentially no snow nor ice storms, among other reasons. In 2019, Feb. 20 in Las Vegas was about a cm / 0.5 inches and a trace earlier in the week, as first measurable snow in over 10 years. The single-day record for snowfall in Las Vegas was 18.8cm /7.4 inches on Jan. 31, 1979. 9.1cm / 3.6 inches on December 17, 2008. Most years are zero or trace in the valley. However, you don't get single digit humidity as common and summers at 40 to 41C as common.

New York State in 1977, 1978, 1979 was heavy snow. I had enough back then.

• A.J.

Outskirts get more on the mountains and the edges. Biggest snow of each year for 1+" 3.6" D 17 08, 1.3" D 30 03, 1" D 06 98, 1.4" F 19 90, 7.4" J 31 79, 4.7 J 05 74, 2" D 15 67, 3" N 15 64

nope, not right now. Since i live in Livingston, TX