Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 8 months ago

Why does the British love royalty so much?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Because Royalty has been a part of British history for over 1000 years. 

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

A very high proportion of us would be delighted to see the end of it.

• Jade
    Lv 4
    8 months ago

I only loved Diana, Princess of Wales

• Clo
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

There are British citizens who like having a constitutional monarchy where one branch of government is above mere party politics. They can vote for members of Parliament, the political arm, but they have a branch of government that stands for stability, unity, ties to the most glorious parts of the past...

There are a minority of population who don't want the monarchy, so not all British like the system.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

I am British and I can't stand any of the parasites who leech off the tax payers.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Same  reason  you like  your  independance

• Not all of them do, but there are enough weak-minded conservatives (you know, the kind who voted Brexit) to carry the day.

• 8 months ago

We have never been asked if we want them or not, those who say the majority of us do want them must have hallucinated the referendum on the matter.

• 8 months ago

They had an experiment without a monarchy for eleven years after they chopped the king's head off in 1649. In 1660 they decided that a monarchy was a better system so they restored it with Charles II but with restrictions on it. The monarchy pays its way bringing in billions of tourist pounds.

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

it's tradition going back for many generations. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.