Will.
Will. asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 3 weeks ago

Have Prince Harry and Meghan done the right thing.?

I read that Prince Harry has thought for a long time about this split from the Royal family. He is a popular member of the royalty and Meghan has been welcomed, but the whole thing happened so quickly. Do you think they have done the right thing or should they have stayed?.

THE STEPS OF A GOOD MAN ARE ORDERED BY GOD. The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delights in his way. Psalm 37:23

• Log in to reply to the answers
  • mars

No they should've stayed imo. The Sovereign Grant (£300 M/yr) is payed in good faith to the Royals; not inc. castle repairs et al. £2.5 M for home refurb?

• mars
      3 weeks agoReport

@ sydney19: Oh- I read they were to pay for that refurb? I support the Sussex', and wish them well; I'd rather see him fulfill his Royal duty.

• Log in to reply to the answers

Not at all, now Meghan has put a wedge between him and his family, she will have total control of this weak and easily manipulated man/child.

• SugerLLove3 weeks agoReport

NOT SO! HARRY BEEN THIS WAY A LONG TIME AGO. REMEMBER HE SIGNED TO THE MILITARY? AND HOW ABOUT WHEN HE PARTIED PARTY HARD? ( HAAA HAAA) HE DID THINGS HIS WAY. PAY ATTENTION PATTY ONES...

• Log in to reply to the answers

if all royals did the same......perfect ending

• Log in to reply to the answers
  • Jade

No - She has taken our Prince.

• Log in to reply to the answers
  • I don't believe Meghan was particularly welcomed because I think the Royal family believe she is not a good fit. Prince William advised Harry to take things more slowly, which is the main source of the rift between the half-brothers. I think Harry's idea of retaining the wealth and privilege while giving up the duties is wrong-headed. I don't see how he is going to support himself financially in the lifestyle to which he has become accustomed, so I think he will continent get public subsidy under a variety of different guises.

• SugerLLove3 weeks agoReport

WHO REALLY KNOWS? LET'S SEE HOW THE STORY ENDS!

• Log in to reply to the answers
  • Clo

Poor reporting is an issue with this story. Poor reporting about the royals and financing are an issue as well. Harry has not split from the Royal Family, he has chosen not to be an official working royal.

I am not sure that Harry has done the right thing. He has had issues with media hounding him, his mother for years....Harry and William both blame paparazzi, the editors that bought these pictures, for actually hounding their mother to her death in that car crash. But, both boys did manage to take on some official duties and deal somewhat with the attention. Harry's deciding to leave public life is troubling, yet understandable. The media treatment of Meghan has been deplorable and based on peoples' ill-founded opinions about her-- It is not pleasant to be the target of racist attacks, xenophobic attacks, to be branded a megalomaniac, a gold-digger. I can understand that Meghan is in pain because of this ugliness. I can understand Harry's unhappiness with the situation. I don't understand the Palace's inability to work out a solution where the Sussexes could have remained as part-time working royals. I don't think that anyone really has looked at things completely, rationally, in order to come up with a better solution.

Harry has a reputation for being hot-tempered---a Spencer trait; William is said to have the Spencer temper as well, but able to control himself , not act rashly. He and Harry are going through a rough patch as family members can....I hope that they can repair their relationship, but physical distance is an issue...the only people who really know if the brothers talk on the phone or through other apps are the men themselves.

Moving to Canada will not end the negative media onslaught, the vitriolic comments, the paparazzi. Harry needs to get proper legal representation to work out things---online media comments need to be moderated or stopped--free speech ends when the right is abused; too many trolls  post their hate, their lies, and this does not make the world a better place, people more informed...

I wish the family well, but I still see that this story is still developing.

• Log in to reply to the answers
  • P

The whole situation is getting misreported by the press.  He's not splitting from his family, but just quitting the family business.   Harry did not want to live his life having his Dad, brother and grandmother as his boss.  I could only imagine what they would be like as they control nearly every aspect of it.   They will still attend family holidays and events as they did before, just as anyone spends time with their family, he just won't work for them anymore.  

• Verulam 1
      3 weeks agoReport

Where did you get that idea (not wanting his father, brother or grandmother as his boss?

• Log in to reply to the answers
  • Cogito

Yes, I think he has.  He doesn't want the same thing that happened to his late mother happen to Meghan.  There have been some really nasty things published about her and the media are making life very unpleasant for them.

Understandably, he wants a normal, better, more private life for his wife, their son, and any further children.  

It hasn't happened quickly.  The royal family and the advisers have been discussing it for months - in private.

• Verulam 1
      3 weeks agoReport

The situation with Diana and the press was totally different to what's been going on with Meghan - other than the fact that Diana encouraged the Press.  Well maybe Meghan is too!!  When it suits her. Harry is paranoid about what he thought he saw going on with with his mother.

• Log in to reply to the answers

I think part of it is because he married Meghan now she wants him to abandon his family like she did and the other part is because he'll never get the crown.

• Log in to reply to the answers