What cleaning fluids for an AR-15 are essential?

Im not new to guns or shooting them but, I am finally purchasing my first AR-15 and I was wondering what cleaning fluids are essential for cleaning an AR platform?

I know I need a decent cleaning kit but not too sure what cleaning fluids I need to thoroughly clean the rifle.

Any additional tips or info is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• BBean

Too many think you have to use special fluids for AR`s but simple stuff around the house is good enough. I clean after every outing. The bore and chamber with Simichrome polish and Viva paper towels and sometimes WD-40 for stock lower trigger housing and blown out with air nozzle. I do reciprocating strokes for chamber and thru passes for bore cleaning entering from chamber end only with Viva paper towel strips tightly wrapped around bore brush(no wire). I get mirror finishes. 3 in 1 oil is very good for light lubrication and corrosion prevention. Petroleum jelly or clear grease for bolt carrier and housing has sufficient results. Some drop-in triggers require very little lubrication on contact (sear) surfaces but not over lubricated.

I`m not against special cleaning fluids...just never found them to do better than the things mentioned. I`ll put my AR against any for cleanliness or performance. 

• GTB

An AR-15 is not a hunting rifle and is not designed for that purpose. Cleaning fluids for this device, since it has the same metals as many other firearms, will use the same type of cleaning fluids.

(1) A kit will come with the appropriate fluids.

(2) This question should not be in the hunting section. This type of rifle is not fit for hunting.

Edit: Guns do not offend me. I am however an experienced hunter, and anyone who requires a semiautomatic assault style rifle is an incredibly poor hunter as well as a generally reckless person. Owning and operating an AR-15 is a glaring signal that you do not respect firearms, and rather simply see them as toys.

any oil. anyone with military experience will tell you to buy clp. there are better oils though. you should really go to the range with your gun and join a group of people cleaning their guns if they do that. then ask for noob tips.

yes ­­­­­­­­­­­­­