What does the yellow thing in the back of the phone do? ?

I was messing around with a Huawei and I know you're not supposed to take off the case but I was trying to clean it. I followed the directions to take off the case, and when you do, there's a yellow thin plastic wire sheet or something (please find a video of how to take apart the Huawei for a visual) connecting the two halves. While cleaning the case forgot about the yellow thing and jerked my arms away from eachother; it snapped. The phone is still working fine? There isn't a phone number on this, just for games and apps. The audio and visuals on the phone are still great. Does anyone know what the yellow thing did?

At a guess, it would be the coil for either a contactless charging system, or near field system for contactless payments.

If you charge it via USB and don't use contactless, it makes no difference.

• Allison4 weeks agoReport

good guess that's really smart!! I was able to ask the previous owner of the phone and turns out the yellow thing was connected to the fingerprint scanner on the back of the case, so that won't work anymore

• Jay

You know you're not supposed to take off the case??? How do you know that? Where is the source? And I'm not looking up anything. You provide the video.

• Jay
      4 weeks agoReport

doesn't explicitly say so though