Why do most atheists vote Democrat?

Best answer

People who strongly identify with atheism are leftist because that is a standard leftist trope. All communists and most leftists are atheists.

• James

I suppose the same reason most people vote Democrat, Republicans.

Because democrats are not picky about the American voters they represent.

Atheism and being a liberal are two signs of superior intellect. If you have an atheist, there is a good chance of that person being a democrat, and vice versa.

• David

Because the Republican party has basically merged with Evangelical Christianity. This effort was started in the late 70's with people like Jerry Falwell leading the way and they have only become more entrenched since then.

Have any evidence for that?

Why do people who claim to be evangelical "Christians" support a pathological liar. They seem to be fine with Trump's pathological lying, spreading conspiracy theories, misogyny, making racist comments and dehumanizing others.

In no small part due to the Gross Old Pervert party also being the party of evangelical fascism.

• John

Because they put their complete faith in government. They believe government will save them, government will redeem them, and government will lead them through life without the burdens of personal accountability.

• Mercuri
      4 weeks agoReport

I will NEVER understand why people try to discredit atheism by giving it the same qualities as theism. Completely baffles me.

Because both Atheists and Democrats tend to be knowledgeable and informed?

democrats pander to the minority and since atheists are in the minority they are abused by the left.

• pmt853

I have no idea. Do you have any evidence that your premise is true?

• Tengu Bakemono
      4 weeks agoReport

Any atheist that i have met during my life, have always voted democrat. I just want to know if anyone else has noticed this?