Is this message legit?

I got this message on my Essential ph-1 phone. I've never seen it before so I'm wondering if it's a virus/ransomware or a legit message? I didn't click on learn more because I was suspicious.

LOOKS LEGIT

GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD

First connect to the Wi-Fi then go into settings where it says system push the button that says check for updates. If there's a real Android update it will tell you so at which point you can agree to it. From the size of the update which is listed that appears to be the proper size for the Android update. But don't trust the pop up do what I told you to do open up settings and check it from where it says system check for updates and verify it

This is software containing malware. Don't download it on your phone. Delete the message immediately. Always treat messages of that nature as suspicious. Software updates can be done directly from your phone or other mobile devices and depend on the operating system you're currently using.

• Kyle

https://www.essential.com/about#contact-us

try contacting them directly and see if it's from them. look on their social media or on twitter if other's are reporting similar messages.

• CB

Malware - ignore it.