Scott Z asked in EnvironmentGreen Living · 1 month ago

Can you earn much money by recycling your garbage?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I just keep back aluminium cans until I have a carload then weigh it in. Pays for a weeks fuel.

• 4 weeks ago

yes, there are many facilities in our country.

• 4 weeks ago

oh I don't think so

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, I always recycling my garbage.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Not enough to live on. Not yet. People are still experimenting with making a product out of some of the garbage that other people would be willing to pay big bucks for. Such as "Modern Art" Other than that the metal is remelted down again to make other stuff. Aluminum cans can be sorted using a large magnet. Aluminum is not attracted to the magnet.. Neither is copper or brass and then it is visual sorting...by color.

Glass is very cheap to make so recycling it can be done, but more often it is remelted down to make a different product than a glass jar....say like fiberglass insulation(which is fine fibers of glass). So its value is basically zero.

Copper, brass, bronze can be always reused as it is remelted down into other products.

From paper they make more paper. It is worth very little. as there is not a shortage of pulp.

• 4 weeks ago

Last I checked, beryllium was a few thousand dollars per pound for scrap.

• 1 month ago

Well, you can't recycle garbage

• audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No. You don't earn anything. You do all that work for nothing. The recycle place makes all the bucks.

• 1 month ago

Depends. They may rip you off anytime.

• 1 month ago

No. Are you truly doing it for the money?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.