I want to leave salon job, should I feel guilty.?

I want to leave my salon job, my hours have been cut down to 6 or 7 hrs a week. and some of my hours are been giving away to someone else they say oh we had cancelation but when I checked no cancelation it was giving to someone else. I was to do a wedding a few weeks back and in front of me they txt another stylist to do it no reason why was giving. if they don't want me then why not say and let me go. I don't know what to do, I feel guilty in case I upset them. please help what should I do.

• Ocimom

They are not treating you fairly. Give them a 2 weeks notice. Hope you find a better job or another salon that will treat you better. Since your hours are cut now, it gives you the opportunity to get another job in another salon and then give this one a 2 weeks notice that you will be leaving for another job. Don't have to tell them which one or where - its none of their business.

• John P

If you are not working for enough hours a week, and thus not getting paid enough, you are entitled to think of yourself and go and get a full time job.

• Foofa

You should find another job first and then give a proper two weeks notice to this employer.

If you leave, it doesn't really matter if they are upset or not. You feel that you are being unfairly treated and it's quite acceptable to look for another job with better pay/conditions/hours if the job you have got at present is no longer fulfilling. You shouldn't feel guilty about changing your job. Look around for something better and when you find it and are accepted at another salon, give in your notice to your present employer. Your reason is that you have been offered more hours and more money by someone else. Be professional about it. Don't leave with a slanging match as you might need a reference from this employer in the future. Also, it would make life uncomfortable while you were working your notice period. Check what that period is so that you can go from one job straight into the next one if you don't want a holiday in between.

If they are cutting your hours and giving your appointments to others they probably WANT you go quit.

If you quit, you are not eligible for unemployment benefits (in most cases) and it’s easier for the employer.

If you want to continue working in salons and want/need the reference, you may want to find another job and then give notice. It always looks best to leave a job for another job rather than just quit and certainly better than getting fired.

You may also want to think about why this is happening and how you can prevent if from happening in the future at future employers.

• Alan H

As soon as you can get another job, move on

Why would you feel guilty for quitting a job? If it's not working out for you, then find something else. That's what everyone else in the world does, and without some sort of guilt. You don't owe your current employer anything

You may lack the skill in some area based on another replacing your appointment. Simply ask your manager what’s up, bc you can benefit from their input if you need to expand your skills. Managers often replace workers for tasks another may be better paired with just to get the job done effectively.

doesnt sound like a good situation

Organize to go to another salon, secure that job, and then leave this one. You don't need to lose work entirely, but clearly your talents are being overlooked in your current job.

• miah8 months agoReport

thanks you