Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 8 months ago

Parents making me move out as soon as I turn 18 no excuses?

Good or bad parenting

• Fred 6

The reasons here are not important. If that is their final decision, get on with it and move out. Make the most of it.

• edward

Legal. At 18, they shouldn’t have to parent you anymore is the premise. I was moved out a couple months after i turned 18, it wasn’t a surprise, i knew it was coming.

I'd say bad parenting, but it also depends on how obnoxious you have been through adolescence. If you're a pain in the a$$ to have around, they might prefer you to move out. It sounds like you need to start planning your future.

• GB

How old are you now? Will you have finished high-school by the time you are 18? If you will, then you need to look for a job where you can live in. If not. and you want to finish high school, then ask the principal for advice.

No reasons given? If they are simply being unsupportive you could tell them that when they are old and needy you will give them similar support. However, we do not know the circumstances obviously, such as whether they don't like your behaviour, or they are encouraging you to stand on your own two feet, how can we advise? Did their own parents do this? How did they feel? Good Luck!

Well for one it depends on whether they're ready to live on their own. For example if they're still looking for a place to live or they're still in highschool then I'd still let them live with me. However if I don't like their attitude or they behave in ways that are immature then yes as soon as they're 18, they're out of my house.

• GEEGEE

Impossible to say. Don't know what's behind the decision or what the status of their relationship is. Don't know when you'll be 18, or if you'll still be in high school, but I'd start preparing for the move now, as much as possible.

Good parenting if the child is warned of what is to come at 18, but bad parenting if the parents do not prepare the child for that transition and be willing to guide them through it.

Well, you will be a legal adult...

• .

Good for them, it will allow you to stand on your own two feet