How can I tell if my boyfriend is lying again?

So, I really hate the idea that my partner smokes and my bf knows about it. He even promise not to smoke. I even repeatedly asked him quite often if he did. However, after entering the army, he started smoking and didn t tell me about it until one day I confronted him after smelling his breathe. He then claimed he... show more So, I really hate the idea that my partner smokes and my bf knows about it. He even promise not to smoke. I even repeatedly asked him quite often if he did. However, after entering the army, he started smoking and didn t tell me about it until one day I confronted him after smelling his breathe. He then claimed he quit.

After 2 months, he got relocated to a new unit, and once again, I found cigarettes in the bin of his toliet and confronted him. At this point, I felt really betrayed. He totally betrayed my trust.

We are in long distance relationship, and everytime I found out is when I visited him. So right now, I feeling very perplexed, how can I know if he is lying to me ?

P.s. this is a small details but because his family is having some finance issues, I told him not to spend money on game and if he did, he should let me know. But, everytime he did not and even tried to erase evidences he did, pretending he never ever spent. This happened about 5 times or so. I really dont know when he is lying and when he is not. But I love him, his family alot that I don t want lose him.