I feel guilty about breaking up with a guy, who was "abusing" me. Did i do the correct thing, or did I misjudge him?

Basically... The relationship was 5-6 months old. He used to treat me like a trophy, but that's okay... All guys do that He was verbally abusive at times... He'd always remind me how he's been such a help (which he was. He had helped me a lot). I never felt bad because of it But, one day, he was... show more Basically...
The relationship was 5-6 months old. He used to treat me like a trophy, but that's okay... All guys do that

He was verbally abusive at times... He'd always remind me how he's been such a help (which he was. He had helped me a lot). I never felt bad because of it

But, one day, he was really upset with me because I was "being a b!tch to him". I didn't understand what he meant to say, so I didn't respond . He TWISTED both my arms... He's physically stronger than me and I was so scared (we're not physically intimate...I'm saving myself for marriage, he knew that ). I felt like... He could rape me. But he didn't (Thankfully)

I've always heard "once an a abuser, always an abuser". Everyone says so. And this was clearly physical abuse

From that day, I started ignoring him. Totally. I was scared e he'd do something to me... But eventually he understood we'd broken up

I feel so guilty for having judged him for one action of his.... Am I wrong? I feel like I'm such a cruel person for doing this