Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 year ago

Is there much difference between 20 and 18?

I'm 20 and a sophomore in college. My boyfriend is 18 and a senior in high school. Given that he's of age, I don't see it as wrong. But my friends and family keep telling me that I'm too old for him and that he's just a kid, but it's not like I'm 80. Advice?

• 1 year ago

I personally think there isn't an issue. It truly depends are how you two are as people and how you work together. If you're happy together and you have plenty of things to relate to, then it's fine. Honestly the age gap thing slowly disappears as you get older, people stop caring once you've reached a certain age.

Heck I dated a guy who was 23 when I was 18, and we got on fine because our maturity levels were about the same. Now I am dating a guy 7 years older than me and we are really happy together.

It's all also in a matter of perspective. If people around you are not used to seeing their friends or family date with large age gaps, then they'll be uncomfortable with it, because they don't understand it.

Go with your gut and how you and your bf feel, not based on how others from the outside view your relationship.

Hope this helps... :)

Source(s): Personal Experience
    1 year ago

My gf is six years older and we're fine. People may be more concerned that a guy that young isn't yet matured. No fault of his own but his brain isn't fully cooked. No kidding, you can look it up. Guys that age are mostly brainless and he may hurt you. Stay with him if you like him but tread lightly and don't be surprised if he disappoints you. No fault of his own, but at that age he's really just a tall kid. That's why women, who usually mature faster, go for older guys. Good luck !

• 1 year ago

What do you mean?

• 1 year ago

Don't pay any attention. It's fine. No big deal.

• Alan H
    1 year ago

It is far too much....if that is what you think

It is fine if you are happy with it

• 1 year ago

Absolutely not its fine my parents are 8 years apart and no one judges them some people have screws lose and should mind there own business

• 1 year ago

Not at all! 20 and 18 are 2 years apart! That's nothing! My gosh my parents are married and are 4 years apart! 2 years is nothing I'm serious don't listen to them that is fine. Completely.

• Christina1 year agoReport

Yeah that is completely fine

• 1 year ago

I don't believe so... It's just a 2 year age difference

• 1 year ago

2 years?? Seriously? 18 and 20? You're the same age! please don't listen to the people around you because it sounds as if they're missing some screws.

• 1 year ago

a 20 year old female vs an 18 year old male

there is usually quite big difference in maturity

Someone in college dating someone still in school have vastly different social lives too.

It isnt wrong, it is unusual though

• 1 year ago

I think you should ask them to mind their own business.