My boyfriend only has sex with me in the middle of the night ..?

We've been together for two years. We live together. We used to have lots of sex and intimate conversations. Now we have sex only every once in a while and it's always in the middle of the night. It used to happen ever so often mixed in with daytime sex. But now it's EVERY time, it's at night. I try... show more We've been together for two years. We live together. We used to have lots of sex and intimate conversations. Now we have sex only every once in a while and it's always in the middle of the night. It used to happen ever so often mixed in with daytime sex. But now it's EVERY time, it's at night. I try during the day but he never follows through. And when we do have sex is lousy, it doesn't last long, and it's usually sloppy, and I just let it happen even if I'm tired because I never get it. I know relationships aren't fully about sex but I am human and have needs.
During the day he is never mean, but he never goes out of his way to be kind or sweet to me. I do all of the cleaning around the house, i give him back rubs often, and I've learned to be very patient with things that used to bug me. So I don't know what else to do.