How To Fix My PC?

Every time I try to power it on the fans power on for about a second then stop, and the computer powers off. I've taken a look on the inside of the PC and everything seems fine. Any solutions?

Favorite Answer

Have you tried booting is safe mode? If you don't know what that means, you would probably be in over your head in trying to solve your issue. But if you still want to take on the challenge, assuming you have access to the internet from another device, search for safe mode for you brand of PC (usually its like pressing F2 or F8 or something while it first starts to boot). You can also run scans from the command prompt to check the hard drives and memory.

I once replaced a broken heat sink on the processor of a PC that was doing the same thing, but it was clear by visual inspection that the heat sink was the issue.

Run a virus scanner. You may have malware running in the background that is slowing things down.

Remove the battery. Use plugged in only.

It must be your hardware configuration perhaps. The purpose of the shut down is because I believe your system BIOS has detected that there is something wrong or misplaced in your computer :

- Check the power supply and see if there is enough voltage to power your internal components

- Check if your RAM is the correct sticks in your PC and placed in properly

- Make sure that your Hard drive is also connected properly and that the Boot drive boots up from it

- and finally make sure that all the screws in your case are firmly..... screwed... or screwed tight..

I hope this helps :)

Unless you know how to troubleshoot electronic equipment ---

which you apparently Don't ---

there is nothing you can do except take it to a computer repair specialist.

Take it to a repair shop if you can

fan issue