Bobby Mcelroy asked in PetsDogs · 2 years ago

Is it okay that my dog ate a roast beef treat off the floor?

The package says to not use on carpet, however, my dog was able to sneak past me to eat the treat off the carpet flooring. Is anyone aware as to the reason that this is not advised?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

It is likely to be a treat full of chemical colourings that could stain the carpet, so they put a package warning on so people don't sue......... maybe if you wish to feed treats you should only feed ones that are natural like dried tripe etc as many of these commercial treats are of no use nutrition wise for your dog anyway

• Jojo
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Yes, its ok.

Manufactures of dog treats often give a warning on the packaging not to feed it on carpet, as there is a chance of it "staining" the carpet, and they don`t want to be sued by irate dog owners wanting compensation.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Kid ive seen Sheepdogs eat both sheepshit, and recently born human baby puke, without ill effects.... The danger is more likely be toward the carpet, than the dog therefore!

Attachment image
    Source(s): Shepherd
  • 2 years ago

It's because the treat has artificial coloring/dye, and when it gets wet, it will stain your carpet.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Spike
    Lv 5
    2 years ago

It will probably stain your carpet. What other reason would it be? It's not like your dog licking the carpet is gonna hurt them, they eat turds. And the treat is meant for dogs so it won't hurt them. That warning label was not about your dog, it's advising you not to f*ck up your carpet.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Yea. It's fine. It's a dog. They eat their own poop off the floor. Roast beef won't kill it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.