How do I convince my parents to allow me to get an emotional support animal?

I have relatively severe anxiety and depression, and I know that an ESA (emotional support animal) would benefit me greatly. I have proposed the idea of adopting a male kitten with the assumption that the responsibility of it's care would fall on me. However, my parents have a few issues with it. We already... show more I have relatively severe anxiety and depression, and I know that an ESA (emotional support animal) would benefit me greatly. I have proposed the idea of adopting a male kitten with the assumption that the responsibility of it's care would fall on me. However, my parents have a few issues with it.

We already have 2 cats and 2 dogs, sop they don't see why I would want another cat. But the reasoning is because none of our animals really spend time with me, so I want a kitten that can grow up adapted to the idea of spending a majority of it's time around me (I want it to associate me as it's owner). Additionally, I'll be going off to college in about 8 months, and they're extremely against me taking the cat with me (ESA are allowed in dorms, I did some research). Because of this, they do not want to have to take care of the cat when I leave.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. No matter what I say, I can't seem to convince my dad. My mom seems a bit easier to convince, but the whole process has been very draining.
Update: I would just like to say that I'm rather upset by some of these answers. The entire point of getting an ESA is to improve your mental health whilst saving the life of an animal. I'm not being selfish and just thinking of myself. I would provide that kitten with unconditional love.
Update 2: As to whoever posted that horrible photo and the person who said that's how my cat would end up, that's horrible. I live in a large home with a loving family and plenty of food, water, and toys to provide for the cat. I am more than capable of keeping it happy and healthy, and the fact that someone would... show more As to whoever posted that horrible photo and the person who said that's how my cat would end up, that's horrible. I live in a large home with a loving family and plenty of food, water, and toys to provide for the cat. I am more than capable of keeping it happy and healthy, and the fact that someone would imply that something so horrid would happen breaks my heart.
Update 3: I'd greatly appreciate it if you all stopped trying to diagnose me. I am clinically diagnosed, you are not a doctor and you know nothing about me. I have spoken to numerous therapists, all of which agreed an ESA would benefit me. And ESA ARE ALLOWED IN DORMS. Look it up, colleges are legally required (there... show more I'd greatly appreciate it if you all stopped trying to diagnose me. I am clinically diagnosed, you are not a doctor and you know nothing about me. I have spoken to numerous therapists, all of which agreed an ESA would benefit me. And ESA ARE ALLOWED IN DORMS. Look it up, colleges are legally required (there have been law suits over colleges denying ESA).
Update 4: As for calling me mentally unstable, that is not your observation to make. And I'm not being selfish, I'd be giving a kitten a loving home. ESA are clinically proven to improve symptoms in people with anxiety and depression. Look. It. Up. I have gotten actual medical advice on the subject, so if you're... show more As for calling me mentally unstable, that is not your observation to make. And I'm not being selfish, I'd be giving a kitten a loving home. ESA are clinically proven to improve symptoms in people with anxiety and depression. Look. It. Up. I have gotten actual medical advice on the subject, so if you're going to say something rude or call me "mentally unstable" without knowing me, please don't bother responding to this question. There is no point in downplaying my mental disability.