Was it a mistake for the United States to start using the useless terms "Hispanic" and "Latino"?

Hispanic: People from Spanish-speaking countries. The Spanish language is a European language. Latino: People from countries in the Americas the have Latin-based languages as the official language. Latin was the official language of the Roman empire. Both Hispanics and Latinos come in different races and... show more Hispanic: People from Spanish-speaking countries. The Spanish language is a European language.

Latino: People from countries in the Americas the have Latin-based languages as the official language. Latin was the official language of the Roman empire.

Both Hispanics and Latinos come in different races and ethnicities. Argentina has a majority European population, Bolivia has a majority Native American population, and Dominican Republic has a black majority. Peru and Brazil has tons of East Asians. Mexico is mainly mixed (European + Native American).

Yet, when they come here they are all lumped together under the stupud terms "Hispanic/Latino". Their children that are born here grow up to be confused and think these stupid terms are races or ethnicities.
Update: And let's not get started on all of the white Latinos that reject being white because you taught them that Latino is a race.
Update 2: And all the n iggers about half breeds from Latin America that deny being n3gros.
Update 3: I actually agree with you, zirp. Americans are very strange people that think everything is about race. Why can't we just all be humans?
Update 4: It's very frustrating when dirty n iggers claim that they are not black because they speak Latin languages.
Update 5: And in asking this because in Argentine-American. I am tired of being lumped together with savages and n iggers.
Update 6: What offense word? You call each other that all the time. You don't like it? I can call you anything I want. This is America, n igger.
Update 7: Tired of all the political correctness. Nobody cares about that back in Argentina. We can shoot a n igger and nobody would care. You aren't worshiped in Argentina. We got rid of all you monkeys.
Update 8: What's the matter? Angry that white Argentines hate you? Yep, we kill you back in my parents country. Wish we can do that in the USA.
Update 9: Wish I can shoot every black monkey that I see walking on the street. I live in Georgia and there are lots of you here. I will gladly use my AK47 and get rid of you all.