Bobby Mcelroy asked in PetsDogs · 3 years ago

Is it okay to give my dog tick and free prevention that is out of their weight range?

I am recently switching from hartz to frontline plus. I have two doxies, one that weighs 18 lbs and another that weighs 23. The ranges for frontline are up to 22 and 23-44 lbs. Is it safe for my heavier dog to take the up to 22 pound dose?

No.

No such things as "free prevention" NILIF. OTC products such as as Hartz do not work, may cause more harm than good, including death in rare cases, Frontline hasn't worked in years.

Get a vet recommended/prescribed product and give as instructed by the vet, any questions ask your vet.

I would ask a vet about that, just phone yours.

Only if you wanna poison it deliberately maybe. thats what flea and tick cures are ya see...... POISON,,,,

Sincerely the concentration is very likely to be stronger for a larger dog/weight range so its extra concentration aint gonna do your dog no favours for sure....In fact seriously it could very well kill it ya see.

Not all dogs can take certain meds, flea/tick products.Ask your vet first.

• Bob

it is close enough the dog will be fine