Poll: Are three bathrooms to much for a three bedroom house?

• Sunsu
    Favorite Answer

Is that a puzzle ?

Many factors depend...

A. Is the 3 bedroom house split into 3 single bedroom flats or is it a full family house in one?

B. How many people are in the house, and how many need to use a bathroom at any 1 given time?

C. Do they keep the bathrooms well cleaned and maintained on a regular basis?

D. How much space does each bathroom take up in the house yard, and would there be better use of that space?

E. How much maintenance, water running or plumbing does each bathroom come to, on a $ cost regular basis?

I think 3 bathrooms for a house as small as that is too much. You should only need 1 bathroom. It would be more understandable if there were 8 living in the house or more even though there shouldn't be in a 3 bedroom house. Anyway, that's just what I think:)

My house has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you ask me, it's a bit too little since now people are sharing bathrooms, and when someone won't respect that you're taking a crap and wants their makeup out of the bathroom you share, you'll wish you had a bathroom all to yourself. I sat down and talked to my parents about it, and I finally got the downstairs guest bathroom all to myself and my own room, and now my little brother has to feel the pain of sharing a bathroom with my older sister. I once for 7 years had to share a bathroom but now I finally have my own privacy.

In conclusion, no, 3 bathrooms for a 3 bedroom house is not too much at all.

• Teodora5 years agoReport

I have 5 people in my house, and we only have 2 1/2 bedrooms and 1 toilet. Plus one of my brothers has OCD and spends hours in the bathroom.

No it isn't because you may all need to use the bathroom at the same time, I know many people that have a 4 bedroom house with 5 bathrooms so I think this a good proportion of bathrooms and rooms

I think 3 bathrooms are unnecessary. I guess you are using the word "bathroom" as an American euphemism for a toilet. In Australia and Britain, the word "bathroom" refers to where you have a shower, or take a bath. We use the term "toilet" or "WC" or "lavatory" for the place for the relieving of bodily functions. Some bathrooms have a toilet inside, but some don't. I think bathrooms with toilets inside are, frankly, unhygienic. Why combine a room with a toilet with a space used to get clean and brush your teeth? A space for cleaning could be shared, but one where there is a toilet as well, then there are problems. A person showering needs privacy, as does a person using the toilet. Sharing such a room at the same time isn't pleasant.

You could have 2 toilets and 1 bathroom (with basin, shower and bath tub) in a 3 bedroom house (as I do) and this is more than acceptable. 2 bathrooms and 2 toilets would also be ok, but 3 bathroom-toilets combined is over the top. Separate the toilet from the bathroom, that's my take on things. Much more hygienic and practical.

• Jedi Jan
      5 years agoReport

Very sensible and hygienic answer; sadly some people (and tomatoes) simply don't get it. The only other concern would be the amount of extra cleaning would be required if one person was delegated.

• Keith

Depends on the design - what's in the bathroom - what you mean by 'bathroom. My family used to have a place with four bedrooms and one main bathroom with three en-suites

These days though I think having a toilet in an en-suite is unhygienic. They say you should not keep toothbrushes within about 2 metres of a toilet. It's more hygienic to have the toilet completely separate on it's own in a separate room where there are toilet. Theory is if people flush toilets with the lids up then then a cloud of bacteria spray through the room and over any toothbrushes in the room.

• Depends on how many people there are in a three bedroom house who are trying to use a bathroom at the same time.

It depends where the bathrooms are located. Is it a two story house? Three would be appropriate. Is there a master bedroom ensuite? If it's just a single story house with three seperate bathrooms (not ensuite) than it is quite a large number.

It really matters about how many people you have living in your house, because you might have 6-8 people living in the house-that s how some families are. But on the other hand, If you only have 2-4 people living in the house, 1-2 bathrooms should be enough to suit everyone.

Source(s): My Brain
  • Lili

It depends on who's living in it, how many people and what ages.

For a family of four -- two parents, two kids -- two full baths should be fine. A half-bath on the first floor, for guests, might be desirable. That describes my husband's childhood home and mine, though there were three children in my family. Both of our homes had four bedrooms with the potential for more in half-finished basements.

But a home in which more than 2 adults live, and in which there are also children, could conceivably require three full baths.