I didn't want my kid to get autism, so I refused the MMR for him...?

Now I visit his grave every week after he died of measles. What about you? Would you rather have a dead child than an autistic one?

• David
    Favorite Answer

MMR never caused autism in anyone, the claim was a fraud made by a doctor who had invested money in single vaccine shots so wanted to put people off the combined vaccine so they would buy the inferior product he had money in.

Autism is something that children are born with, there are indications that there is a strong genetic factor, other possible causal factors are exposure to pollution in pregnancy and infection with high fever in pregnancy.

• Roddy

Use your experience to help get across the message that autism is NOT the result of any vaccination. Also the high risk of death from many of the 'childhood' diseases against which they could be vaccinated.

Please turn your tragedy into something positive to protect other parents from going through the same grief as you are experiencing.

You made the decision already. Dont feel guilty.