Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTeen & Preteen · 8 years ago

I think I've been raped but I'm not sure.?

Okay this sounds so stupid but hear me out please.

About 6 months ago. I went to a party and I had drunken a lot of alcohol, so I was pretty drunk. I'm 14 years old, I know what I did was wrong and I shouldn't have been drunk underage but I felt pressured. I regret it all. Then throughout the party I remember being in a room with 2 guys and we were under the covers but that's all I remember. Then just today the guy brought up the party memories again and he was telling his mates how he had sex with me for like 50 seconds, then he pulled out just before his other mate pulled over the covers. I don't remember any of this, either because I was too drunk or it never happen but I'm pretty sure I would know if I had sex? Right. I just don't know. So..

1. Would I have remembered if I had sex?

2. Do you think he's lying?

3. Is it still considered rape considering I didn't want to have sex and even if I said yes which I'm pretty certain I didn't say anything, i was still under the influence of alcohol?

Idk I'm really confused but this happened 6 months ago, and he brought it all back up now.. Idk help. :/

To the guy that said:

No! You can't have sex, then six months later try to call it rape because the guy is telling everyone about it.

I DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT US HAVING SEX UNTIL TODAY. HE JUDT DECIDED TO BRING IT UP?!?!? Plus he wasn't drunk and I was soo drunk so ..

How can you say it's rape when you don't remember? Heck it's even possible you said yes to having sex. I know you say Ohh I wouldn't say yes but people do and say a lot of things that they wouldn't normally say when they are drunk.

So your question

1. Would you have remembered? Yes or no depending on how drunk you were. I would say no in this case,

2. Is he lying? Could be yes or no. Every young guys wants to say they have had sex. Apparently it's considered cool for guys if people know they have had sex.

3. Is it rape? Could be yes or could be no. Could be yes if you know for a fact you had sex and know for a fact that you said no. And could be no if you never even had sex or could be no if you said yes. Even if you say I didn't want to have sex now, if you said yes back then, even under alcohol, you gave him permission.

I see people are saying you can't consent under the influence but heck if you said yes how is he supposed to know u didn't want it if you told him yes.

Bottom line, you could never get a rape charge on this case. For 1, it's been 6 months too much time has passed. And on top of that there is too many ifs and no proof. If you can't prove anything then there is no case.

If this situation is called rape then every girl that gets drunk and has sex at a party is raped.

If I were you, I would continue on like nothing happened. You seemed perfectly fine up until he started talking sooo....

• Yes it is rape. Just because you can't remember it is doesn't mean it didn't occur. Alcohol can inhibit our memory and thought processes. Sex with a lack of consent constitutes rape, under the law of most places if one partner is too drunk to understand what they were doing or be involved as you were there is no consent and it is therefore rape.

As well as this you were underage and if he was overage it is definitely rape - even if you consented it would be classed as rape under the law.

It is a possibility he is lying. You will probably never know for sure.

There is a little you can do now as all evidence would be gone and it would be your word against his. However you still have the right to make a complaint but I just don't see it going anywhere legally especially if you're unsure of his truthfulness.

• If you didn't consent to it, then it's rape, even if you were under the influence. Half the other answerers don't know what they are on about, obviously.

So to answer your questions..

1. If you were that drunk, no. Surely you would have been sore the next day? (If you were a Virgin before hand)

2. I honestly can't tell you, it's probably best to bring it up with him, in private and ask him what happened.

3. Yes, it's still considered rape.

Good luck.

When you under the influence of alcohol is very possible to not remember if you had sex or not, also some kids like to lie about it to their friends for attention, this is a very serious issue because if he did, that's rape and that means jail, best thing to do is not get drunk at your age, you don't need to do that, and also seek help from your parents.

• ?

If you were incredibly drunk then it is possible that you blacked out and don't remember anything. I say, it's pretty possible that you guys had sex without you remembering from the alcohol in your system. I'd still call it rape because he took advantage of you. If you're not able to consent for yourself then it's rape.

Ive Been Raped

You were raped.

The minute he undressed you he was violating a different law. The minute he touched you it was assault. The minute his penis slipped into your vagina it was rape. 10 seconds or 50, it was rape. You were drunk; regardless of what he says you CANNOT consent under the influence making it rape.

I am sorry that this happened honey. :/ Tell a trusted adult and get this boy charged. The way he was bragging makes him sound arragont and that he may have done this before.

OMG! Poor thing. u DID get raped by him and probably others. YOU REALLY NEED TO GO SEE A DOCTOR! You might have an infection or something worse. Just go and if they say you have been raped and if after that, you feel mentally unstable, I want u to report ur "best mate" to the police to teach him a lesson. OR ELSE u will be scarred for the rest of ur life. Trust me. God bless. A "best mate" won't take advantage of u like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the fact of your being drunk does not effect weather or not you consented as if you said yes then it was not rape BUT the problem is that you do not know if you did or not so there forth you would never get a rape charge on it as adults have sex when they are drunk and it is not rape

If you are a girl, I would go check if you are pregnant or not. If you are a boy, Well, you're raped!