What exactly does this shoe size mean? 8 B(M) US?
I am going to order sperrys off of amazon and the size that is available is 8 B(M) US. what does that mean? is it the same as 8 US?
- GeneLLv 78 years agoFavorite Answer
It means the width of the shoes...
M or B means medium for a female shoes. M or D is medium for male.
The B and the M are width indicators.
The measured width is assigned a letter (or combination of letters), taken from a table (indexed to length and width). See examples below: (each starting with the narrowest width):
* A, B, C, D, E, EE, EEE, EEEE, F, G
* 4A, 3A, 2A, A, B, C, D, E, 2E, 3E, 4E, 5E, 6E
* N (narrow), M (medium) or R (regular), W (wide)
The A-E width indicators used by some US and UK shoe manufacturers are typically based on the width of the foot, and common step sizes are 1/16 of an inch.
- JuanaqueñaLv 78 years ago
I agree with the answer from GeneL. To add, it is a US shoe size. That is what the "US" means.
Best wishesSource(s): Reference/information librarian
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- 4 years ago
So what does it mean, E, EE, EEE?