Just got an Android, what's some cool things i should do/get on it first?

Hi all i just got a Samsung Galaxy S, it's my first android and i downloaded a few games sorted my wi fi out ect but what's some cool apps, widgets, tweaks, customizations and so on that i can do?

thanks

congrats on going android ^.^ I recommend downloading a new launcher. a launcher basically replaces your home screen/app drawer with a custom one and gives you endless amounts of customization, allows themes, etc. First download home switcher. That will allow you to switch between the different launchers you download and set a default one. I currently use ADW launcher (I got the paid version. worth it. but you can just get the free one to try it out.) I used to use go launcher ex but adw was a tiny bit smoother. go launcher ex is also free. download one of those and you can do WHATEVER you want to your phone. I recommend changing the screen transition effect to something cool ^.^ If you're really tech smart, you could root your phone. there are hundreds of powerful apps on the app store that require root. basically root is giving your phone admin access so you can do even MORE things :D for example, i have an app that can over/underclock my phone (basically setting the processor speed higher or lower) I have it set to underclock my phone when the screen is off so it saves tons of battery. i have another app that blocks ads in apps. there's tons of apps that do things like that but require root. *DONT ROOT YOUR PHONE UNLESS YOURE TECH SMART. YOU COULD PERMANENTLY BREAK IT* lastly, if you haven't done already i recommend changing the keyboard to swype (setting-language and keyboard). it's really difficult to get used to. but once you've got it down you'll be typing like 5x faster. no exageration. there'll be a tutorial at the first to help you out. it's incredible though. anyways. hope that helped. enjoy android ^.^

• mires

Apple fanboys' reason for Apple is "purely because its an Apple" they strive against to be cool and act like its a luxurious merchandise at the same time as they promote this stuff less costly or loose at places like Walmart. Android is better constructive in lots of ideas. Has Flash it really is needed for acceptable viewing of many web pages. Can amplify memory once you run out of area. better customizable. better loose apps, as an celebration indignant Birds is loose with Android while you are able to purchase it with Apple. they have a loose version yet a large advert blocks component to the exhibit getting contained in the way of sport play. Android telephones in many cases have better constructive specifications than the buggy iphones. the 4 drops calls and the 4s has battery drainage issues. Android is the better constructive selection, it quite is why they dominate the telephone market as we talk.

Well for one you have the Samsung galaxy s.....it will not get the update Android 4 aka Ice cream sandwich....but you have the best Android phone that came out in 2010 and you can do so much on that phone because of the Android market place. Its just so much I can't even find a place to begin

First, congradulations on getting your new phone. The very next thing I would do is get some anti-virus software for yourself. Both Webroot and Trend Micro have anti-virus software for Android phones and it pays to get that since Androids are prone to getting viruses. Better safe than sorry when it comes to transferring a virus onto your computer.