I can't seem to update any program on my computer?

Like the title says. I want to want to download the Windows Vista update but it won't even start the download it starts and stays at 0% and then tells me "sorry, could not download updates." I also tried to update my Microsoft Security Essentials but it downloads up to like around 40% and then it... show more Like the title says. I want to want to download the Windows Vista update but it won't even start the download it starts and stays at 0% and then tells me "sorry, could not download updates." I also tried to update my Microsoft Security Essentials but it downloads up to like around 40% and then it says "Couldn't update the malware definitions" or something like that. I've already messed with the LAN settings on both browsers (firefox and Google chrome) I did all my research on why this is happening but the fixes don't seem to work on my laptop. I did have a virus or malware called Antimalware Doctor but I removed it completely but but possibly not totally completely due to the fact that I can't update. So if anyone has an answer and or a tip please do let me hear about it.
4 answers 4