What can I do to fix carbonite registry?

It's not my own problem, it's my dad's. Whenever he logs in his name (he has Windows XP) and before it logs him in, it always says: Carbonite was unable to access the registry (error result is 5). Carbonite cannot run without using the registry an the program has been stopped. The system runs more... show more It's not my own problem, it's my dad's. Whenever he logs in his name (he has Windows XP) and before it logs him in, it always says: Carbonite was unable to access the registry (error result is 5). Carbonite cannot run without using the registry an the program has been stopped.
The system runs more slowly now too. It was always slow, but dang, it's more slower. I told him to reformat his computer, but he refuses. I tried to do system restore, but there were no dates to choose from to restore it. He basically wasted his money...Is this fixable?
1 answer 1