Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

How would the song Hungry Heart sounded if The Ramones had recorded it?

Bruce wrote the song for The Ramones as a request by Joey Ramone, but Springsteen's manager, Jon Landau, could hear a hit song, and told Bruce to keep it.

Yeah ! Since this was Bruce Springsteen's first top 10 hit, I can't imagine anyone but Bruce doing it..however, then again for the love of the song, it might be fun to hear others singing it. I have to admit though, it sounds pretty good when I sing it, so ya never know..lol..!

Bruce is the Man !!

• ?

Song Hungry Heart

Closer To The Heart-Rush also: Heartbreaker-Led Zeppelin Heartbreaker-Grand Funk Railroad Heart of The Sunrise-Yes Heart Turns To Stone-Foreigner

Probably like every other Ramones song. I saw them live once and it sounded like one song that went on for an hour and a half.

• I think they would have done it better. It is a good song but it wasn't Bruce's style. Bruce was the Boss but he shouldn't have sang this one.

How can you imagine anyone else other than THE BOSS doing this song!

Jerzee boy here, and anyone other than Bruce singing this song would have killed it!

Take it from someone who saw him several times!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtn3afO8riE

Youtube thumbnail

it is hard to think of someone doing a song you all ready know,don't you think Bruce did a good job with it,i think he did,but that's just me.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awIIF

well my fav of your list, heart of rock n roll, but mine would have to be Heart of Gold by neil young. How about listen to your heart by roxette, and maybe harden your heart. But I have to say for the Jovi fans, SHOT THROUGH THE HEART, AND YOUR TO BLAME, YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME! Not you specifically hon. I know you have a heart of gold. *wink*

• ?

wow it is hard to think of any one but bruce singing it but joey would of put his own take on it i am sure

I can picture it being played with the same sort of feel as "Sedated". I'm sure it would have been a much leaner version, with no piano, organ, saxophone, or glockenspiel.