Bleeding from hemorrhoids/anal fissure?

Hello, I'm 17 years old and I've got a pretty terrible anxiety disorder so I've been panicking about this for literally half a month and it's terrible. Anyway, almost 3 weeks ago I started to notice reoccuring blood in the toilet after a BM. A noticeable amount of blood, almost making all the... show more Hello, I'm 17 years old and I've got a pretty terrible anxiety disorder so I've been panicking about this for literally half a month and it's terrible.

Anyway, almost 3 weeks ago I started to notice reoccuring blood in the toilet after a BM.
A noticeable amount of blood, almost making all the water in the toilet a brightish red.
It went on for 7 days before I finally told my mom, and she took me to the family doctor.

He took a look and said there's an inflamed bleeding hemorrhoid and a small tear or crack or whatever and he prescribed me to this cream (which is very disgusting to apply..)
He knew how long it had been happening, and that it had been happening after EVERY bowel movement and he said I'd be fine.

Is he right?
It's been 8 days since I was given the cream, I use it twice a day as recommended.
One day the bleeding was gone all together, just one, I also happened to have diarreha that day could that effect it? Then the next day the bleeding was back!

Should I be worried at all? Should I keep taking the cream and not worry?
I'm so scared that it's something else..

Thanks guys.
Update: Thanks Cookie, yeah I actually am scared it's colon cancer or something.. and it's really scary. I know it's most likely in my head but I came here for some sort of reassurance to tell me this is pretty normal. I think I'll wait another 10 days, and drink a lot of water, and ask my mom if I can... show more Thanks Cookie, yeah I actually am scared it's colon cancer or something.. and it's really scary. I know it's most likely in my head but I came here for some sort of reassurance to tell me this is pretty normal.

I think I'll wait another 10 days, and drink a lot of water, and ask my mom if I can use 3 of her fibre pills every day and I'm hoping it'll clear up..

I could still use some more input, the more the better!