Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Bleeding from hemorrhoids/anal fissure?

Hello, I'm 17 years old and I've got a pretty terrible anxiety disorder so I've been panicking about this for literally half a month and it's terrible.

Anyway, almost 3 weeks ago I started to notice reoccuring blood in the toilet after a BM.

A noticeable amount of blood, almost making all the water in the toilet a brightish red.

It went on for 7 days before I finally told my mom, and she took me to the family doctor.

He took a look and said there's an inflamed bleeding hemorrhoid and a small tear or crack or whatever and he prescribed me to this cream (which is very disgusting to apply..)

He knew how long it had been happening, and that it had been happening after EVERY bowel movement and he said I'd be fine.

Is he right?

It's been 8 days since I was given the cream, I use it twice a day as recommended.

One day the bleeding was gone all together, just one, I also happened to have diarreha that day could that effect it? Then the next day the bleeding was back!

Should I be worried at all? Should I keep taking the cream and not worry?

I'm so scared that it's something else..

Thanks guys.

Thanks Cookie, yeah I actually am scared it's colon cancer or something.. and it's really scary. I know it's most likely in my head but I came here for some sort of reassurance to tell me this is pretty normal.

I think I'll wait another 10 days, and drink a lot of water, and ask my mom if I can use 3 of her fibre pills every day and I'm hoping it'll clear up..

I could still use some more input, the more the better!

Favorite Answer

Ask your GP for a hemorrhoidectomy, also if you can see them from the outside , then you should take

a photo, so the surgeon knows more info.

You can find out more about natural hemorrhoids cure here http://curehemorrhoid.info

Diarrhea can contribute to hemorrhoid formation because the bowel undergoes pressure strains due to the condition. Undue pressure on the veins that make up internal hemorrhoidal structures can worsen existing damage. Internal hemorrhoids are not visible, unless they proplapse (protrude) from the anus, either constantly or during a bowel movement. If this is the case, then you have a grade III or IV internal hemorrhoid. If the protrusion is on the anal verge or the area surrounding the anus, then its likely an external hemorrhoid. Reducing pressure from issues of diarrhea and constipation will help. Not straining during a bowel movement, not lifting heavy objects, not sitting for extended periods, all will help.

An external hemorrhoid is simply a vein located at the anal verge, the wall of which as weakened and protruded. Don't push on it, this will only increase pressure and worsen it. The body has to repair the vein wall and rebuild the integrity. This takes time, perhaps weeks, if all goes well. Use sitz baths and over-the-counter medications such as pads or creams to provide symptom relief in the interim. These won't solve the issue long term, but will give the tissue a better chance at self-healing.

Internal hemorrhoids are a different matter and require more intervention. Your best bet is to educate yourself about the condition, its causes and what options there are to treat it both short and long term. Don't ignore it though, hemorrhoids tend to become chronic in nature, lasting years or decades in some cases.

I think you are worried that it's cancer. If your doctor saw a bleeding hemorrhoid then it's probably not cancer. But if the bleeding continues you should go back to either have the hemorrhoid cauterized of otherwise fixed/tied off, or have a more thorough exam to rule out other stuff.

Are you saying that the day there was no bleeding was the day you had diarrhea? That would be because normal bms are kind of abrasive on the sore spot, and the diarrhea was not. Did the doctor tell you to keep the bms soft? You should be taking a stool softener for a few days and also eating lots of fiber that holds water (oatmeal is really good for that), and drink lots of water. This will keep the stools soft to give your sore spot a chance to heal. Additionally you should not be lifting weights or otherwise creating a strain in that area. I would suggest not running and stuff right now either, but I'm not a doctor. Are you doing sports that could be aggrevating the situation? Running, weights etc?

Last of all , I suggest you see a proctologist and not a regular doctor. A procto doctor is a specialist in your particular problem.

So go easy on your sports and watch your diet to keep the stools soft and keep on using the cream. Do NOT strain when you "go" and do not sit on the toilet for a long time reading or something. If you still notice bleeding after another week then you should go back to the doctor, and you should go to a proctologist.

Don'tbe scared though, I'm pretty sure it's nothing that will kill you. :)

Source(s): Husband is a body builder. He doesn't have this problem, but some of the weight lifters do. (I'm also a mom to teen boys, and boys in their early 20s)

I developed hemorrhoids about 1 year ago. Then I dicovered this system: http://treathemorrhoid.kyma.info Hemorrhoids are in a general sense engorged veins. If this happens in the rectal area, it becomes hemorrhoids. I purchased this method that speak about the most proficient system to discard hemorrhoids naturally, without surgery. It helped me a lot! Now I live really better! I can't acknowledge how rapidly I got relief (pretty much overnight!) I didn't have hemorrhoids anymore and, in the case they will come back, I know what to do :) After following the instructions of the method throb, irritation, shivering and draining was gone. I can guarantee that I got rid of my hemorrhoids problems with this method: http://treathemorrhoid.kyma.info If you're suffering for hemoroids you should definitly try it! you won't regret, trust me.

You should continue taking the cream as long as the doctor prescribes it. You can also try the natural hemorrhoids treatment.

Natural cure for hemorrhoids with preventive measures

1. Apply ice packs on the affected areas.

2. Sitz bath, which is a small tub and is specially designed to allow the soaking of hemorrhoids without taking a bath. In this process the rectal area is soaked in hot water for 15-20 minutes about 3-4 times a day. Not only does this helps relieve symptoms but also aids shrinkage of the hemorrhoids.

3. Buy a doughnut shaped cushion. They are available in pharmacies and medical supply stores and can be useful to hemorrhoid sufferers. Try and sit on it as instructed.

4. Try and practice healthy bowel habits. Avoid straining your self while passing stool. Don’t hold your breathe will on the bowel. Get off the toilet as you are finished.

5. Drink lots of water as it smoothens your stool passage.

6. Eating fresh fruits, vegetables and fibrous food items. Avoid spicy food, chocolates, soda, etc. They will just make things worse

I recently bought a step by step Hemorrhoids system packed with an ebook on how to naturally and permanently eliminate all Hemorrhoids issues from the root and get rid of the bleeding and discomfort. I think you can find it useful as well. Check it out here http://www.goobypls.com/r/rd.asp?gid=412

It's a very good program and easy to use.

Hope it helps.

How To Naturally Cure Hemorrhoids - http://Hemorrhoids.GoNaturallyCured.com

You can do many things at home to ease itching and pain from hemorrhoids. Read here https://tr.im/zOjE7

These tips can also keep them from getting worse. They may also help you avoid them in the future. Try them and see what works for you.

Take these steps to avoid constipation and make it easier to go. That can stop many hemorrhoids before they form.