Should women shave their pubic hair before giving birth? Did you? Do they do it anyway? whats your view on it?

I can't see down there!!!!!

Favorite Answer

no they do not do it anymore.

i shaved at 32 weeks then didn't worry about it

sorry i got my hubby to shave me at 32 wks as i could not see or bend down (hehe)

I did with both of mine though not perfectly as i couldnt see!

I do it anyway for hygene more than anything and so its second nature and I dont need to be able to see to half a decent job of it.

I do have to say I found it increasing ly hard towards the end but i did do it even so it wa a hospital stay for a couple of days to be induced so by the time i got to the labour room it wasnt so clean shaved anyway- but atleast it wasnt a jungle down there! labourt is painful enough without your pubic hair being pulled and getting in the way after birth with the bleeding and clotting, i just felt it more jhygenic to be clean shaved especially after

Hehehe thats a beautiful question

I have been getting brazillian waxes every month since i was in college and i kept on my entire pregnancy and was lucky enough to have been waxed a week prior to giving birth yay!! So i was happy as that was the one thing that freaked me out about giving birth was people seeing my privates but i am self conscious about that sort of thing

I personally think whatever works for you is fine sometimes they will shave you if you are particularly hairy or if they need to have a clean operation site for c-section

But if you wanna go natural then do so they have seen it all before i am sure!!

I am going to shave... if I can reach at that point in time. I personally hate it when I have too much hair there... stubbles are one thing. I also do it to please my Husband. Every woman has a different opinion on it. I don't see anything wrong with women giving birth with pubic hair... it's natural and has been that way for hundreds of years... I just don't like the stuff on me.

If you have been struggling to fall pregnant, there are some useful tips that may help to increase your chances of conceiving and prevent miscarriages. Read here https://tr.im/ebuKV

Follow a healthy, balanced diet by eating plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables as well as foods that are rich in iron, calcium and folate, essential for reproductive health

Maintain a healthy weight as being overweight or underweight can affect the body’s hormone levels which in turn makes conception difficult

Healthy weight loss can increase chances of getting pregnant; however, too much weight loss can affect a healthy pregnancy

Regular exercise such as walking, swimming or cycling will help keep you fit and active before and during your pregnancy. It will also help get you back into shape after the pregnancy

Avoid drinking alcohol and caffeine as this can make you less fertile

• I never shaved myself 'down there' before giving birth, however since i needed an emergency c-section they shave a bit of my pubic hair off, though not all of it.

• Loulla

haha!

I'd always got rid of most of it downstairs but when I got big I couldn't see to do it myself.

Thing was, I was really not looking forward to going to into hospital and every seeing a massive bush so I decided to get the other half to neaten it up a bit. Not get rid of it all but just tidy it up so it didn't look as out of control. hahaha!

In the end I didn't really need to have bothered as when you do go into labour, the last thing on your mind is the bush, hahaha!!

But, as a rule, shaving is really your choice. Hospitals don't do it anymore though as there is no medical evidence that having hair there is better for hygiene etc.

Source(s): Check out "What to Expect When You're Expecting."

I didnt ever shaved down there during my pregnancy, However i would use trimmers and trim it until I could no longer see over my belly. So I stopped, until I couldnt take it any more, it got too long and too irratating, so I had my husband trim it for me. We are very comfortable with eachother so.... It's up to you if you want hair down there.

However, my friend, when his wife was giving birth, kept thinking the doc was an idiot because he kept saying "here he comes" when his son was coming out and my friend didnt see him at all. He thought that his son's hairy head was just part of his wifes bush.

I didn't when i had my 1st baby and had en episiotomy and it made keeping the stitches clean quite difficult. When i had my 2nd i did shave most of it off (i too couldn't see down there so my boyfriend did it for me!!) I didn't end up with an episiotomy that time bit i felt much cleaner and just felt better about it. If i have any more children i will shave it off with them too.

They used to do this because they believed it was cleaner, then as with most obstetrical standards of care after decades of use they studied and found that it actually is less clean and causes more infections for both mom and baby.

If you normally shave, and want to its not a big deal if you do it in your own home (less cross contamination, plus you probably don't use antiseptic).

Otherwise don't bother.

I did a little of both. I didn't keep up with it like I used to pre pregnancy (Weekly shaving), but I shaved it once a month or so... sometimes a little longer, just so it wasn't a jungle. It wasn't perfect, but it suited me just fine when going to the OB and eventually labor.