What does it mean when a guy leaves his stuff at your apartment?

When he had his own place, or when he was staying on campus, and he cleaned up, he'd put all my stuff in a small pile and say "here...here's your crap." "Don't forget your crap" or something. Very territorial, I guess. But when I'm cleaning up my apartment, and I find a pile... show more When he had his own place, or when he was staying on campus, and he cleaned up, he'd put all my stuff in a small pile and say "here...here's your crap." "Don't forget your crap" or something. Very territorial, I guess.

But when I'm cleaning up my apartment, and I find a pile of his stuff lying around (and he's always had a habit of leaving his dirty boxers/undershirts/whatever else around) I'd fold/pile it up and say: "Here, I found some of your stuff, if you want to take it with you."

And he says to me: "No, you can hold on to that for awhile."

It bothered me, because any little thing I left at his place he'd make a point of telling me to "take my crap," but I can't get him to take his stuff out of my apartment! And now I'm cleaning up, and I have this random pile of his clothes just sitting there! Honestly, I wouldn't mind, but if it's such a big deal for me to not leave anything at his place, I don't see why he keeps leaving his all over mine!

What do you think?