Jeezy asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 1 decade ago

how fast do bullets travel in mph approx?

an average bullet i would assume different guns = different speeds but aprrox how fast MPH

11 Answers

Relevance
  • AK
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

Depends on the caliber, the amount and type of powder, and the bullet weight. Most rifle calibers travel at supersonic speeds. The "crack" you hear is a mini sonic boom. Most handgun calibers travel much slower than that. Average speed for a 9mm handgun round is about 1100 feet per second. Some large caliber rifle rounds travel at speeds up to and beyond 4000 feet per second.

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

how fast do bullets travel in mph approx?

an average bullet i would assume different guns = different speeds but aprrox how fast MPH

Source(s): fast bullets travel mph approx: https://shortly.im/IrNUE
  • 4 years ago

The average bullet travels about 761 mph.

• 1 decade ago

The match .308 ammo I load comes out of my rifle at 2695 feet per second, or about 1838 miles per hour. That's pretty average for rifle rounds, with some as fast as 4500 FPS.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Would depend on the ammunition and the gun. I believe a gun in Canada is classified as a firearm if the projectile exceeds 500 feet per second (about the power of a high end gas BB gun). Not sure about the US though.

• 1 decade ago

650 to 1500 mph.

• 6 years ago

4500 fps = 3068.18 mph

• 5 years ago

186000 miles per second and it will meld bucause if friction with air. but it can penetrate carbide or diaqmons infinitely thick.

• 6 years ago

2,000 mph

• gp4rts
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The range is from about 700mph to 1200mph

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.